Director: Amit Ranjan Trivedi
|B. Tech.||Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur||2003-2007|
|M. Tech.||Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur||2007-2008|
|PhD||Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta||2010-2015|
- Assistant Professor , Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) , Chicago, IL, 10/2015-Present.
- Research Engineer , IBM Semiconductor Research and Development Center , Bangalore, INDIA, 7/2007-7/2010.
- Research Intern , Intel's Circuits Research Lab , Hillsboro, OR, 5/2014-8/2014.
- Research Intern , IBM T. J. Watson Research Center , Yorktown-heights, NY, 5/2012-8/2012.
- Research Intern , Virginia Commonwealth University , Richmond, VA, 5/2007-7/2007.
- Research Intern , Fraunhofer Institute of Integrated Circuits , Erlangen, GERMANY, 5/2006-8/2006.
Amit completed his undergraduate and graduate degree from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur in 2008. Amit was awarded academic excellence award from the institute for his standing in top 5% of his peers. Following this, he was a research staff member at IBM Semiconductor Research and Development Center, where he was involved in compact modeling and characterization of advanced nanometer node transistors/processes. Since, Fall 2010, Amit pursued Ph.D. at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering in Georgia Institute of Technology. His research has been in low power energy-efficient neuromorphic computing with emerging technologies, and particularly, with Tunneling field-effect-transistors. He has published more than 20 journals and major conferences during his PhD studies. Amit was awarded IEEE Electron Device Society fellowship in 2014, where he was one of the three recipients worldwide, and only one in Americas. Amit was a research intern at IBM T J Watson research center in summer of 2012, and Intel’s Circuit research lab in summer of 2014. Amit joined UIC as tenured track assistant professor in October 2015.